Custom commands can be created for inserting sections of text, for example, regularly used text such as a signature or sections of letters, emails etc.
Each Text Snippet command is limited to 1,000 characters.
- Log into admin.lexacom.com
- Click on User in the top right. Click the Echo Commands button under your personal details. If this option does not appear, press Ctrl + F5 to do a full refresh of the page
- Text Snippet commands will be available in all programs. Clicking Defaults and choosing EMIS or SystmOne will not allow the text snippet command to be saved. Leave this on Defaults.
- Click the green plus icon on the right to add a new custom command and enter the details.
- Actions: allows you to Save or Cancel creating the command
- Type: choose Text Snippet
- Description: this will be displayed in the ‘What can I say?’ menu. It is purely for your reference
- Spoken Phrase: the word or phrase you will say to activate the command, such as ‘email signature’
Each command must have a unique Spoken Phrase
- Click Edit Snippet and enter the text you wish to appear when you say the Spoken Phrase. Text can be written as a single sentence, a paragraph, or on multiple lines.
- Click Save in the corner of the window. Click the Tick under Actions to save the command
- Your command will then appear in the list. You can then create more commands if you wish.
When you are done click the Green Save button. You can edit or delete existing commands by using the controls under Actions
Before you can use new commands, you must switch on the microphone in Echo and say ‘update commands’. Commands will also update when Echo is launched.